The True Sign of Intelligence

/
0 Comments


Usually attributed to Albert Einstein
Poster Nib & 4mm Tape Nib, Windsor & Newton ink
A2 Paper

     It's been a while since my last post. This is a quick piece that was inspired by another birthday present I did for a friend. I've been experimenting with colored paper and white inks lately. The great thing about that ink is that it's almost impossible to get a constant flow of it, and so you end up with these great variations in opacity in the white, that give a more textured look to the writing.

     Italics are not my strong point, but it's such a graceful script. It also begs to be overflourished. I've kept that one fairly minimalistic, but I'm not sure it was a good call. Overall, I love the peaceful look of the colour scheme, along with the large amount of white space.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.